Sunday, March 27, 2011

House No. 86: Brick Row House

House No. 86: Brick Row House
repurposed box, cardstock, ink, glue
7.5 in. x 4.5 in. x 2.5 in.
086/365; 03/27/11

This little Georgian Revival row house is completely repurposed. The upcycled red paper-covered box had held stationary or soap, I can't remember which, and the paper is all from sample books from paper vendors and printers. The red just happened to nearly match that of the box, even. What luck!

I really enjoyed making this house. I especially loved drawing the mortar lines delineating the bricks and assembling the architectural details. I like that the house is useful, too, though I am not sure what one would use it for. I feel like it needs to have a tableau in it rather than being used for storage. I will have to revisit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment