Friday, March 11, 2011

House No. 70: Zayat

House No. 70: Zayat
ink, colored pencil, and watercolor on paper, digital layout
8.5 in. x 11 in.
070/365; 03/11/11

In Burma, nearly every village has a zayat, a building used as a shelter for travelers, religious celebration, and civic assemblies. Buddhist monks live in zayats during intensified practice on sabbath days. 

And so ends my series of alphabet houses. I almost feel a little sad that I have finished them, I enjoyed them so much, but I have so many ideas to play out and some collaborations coming up. I can't wait to share them with you.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved this series. Not only are the houses themselves so very cool, but I loved all of your explanations. I pop for learning stuff.

    And I want a zayat for future garden parties....a little more interesting than the typical bug tents people use here... :)

    ReplyDelete