Friday, January 28, 2011

House No. 28: MacGyver House


House No. 28: MacGyver House
repurposed wrapping paper, theater ticket, and coffee cup sleeve; gum; the saliva of four people
5 in. x 4 in.
028/365; 01/28/11

Take one 365 project,  too many activities packed into one day, forty minutes to get home to post, and four people in a car with what they have on their persons and in the car ... MacGyver house — with all of our DNA contained therein. Hey, there was a lot of chewing to be done to stick this stuff together.

The house name came from my brother-in-law who called me MadGyver while putting this one together.

Mad props to my husband who drove us from Richmond downtown to the burg in a record fifteen minutes while I constructed. In the fog. I still have not recovered.

It just goes to show that art is a communal effort. An insane, unhygenic, unsafe, communal effort.

8 comments:

  1. We love MacGyver. And the stick of gum is key …

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best art is communal :) i had this revelation in sixth grade painting sets. dig the repurposed coffee sleeve. it's just begging for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly...you made that trip in 15 minutes? Wowzas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosita: gum is def key.

    bethany: I wish I'd had duct tape. Then I wouldn't have had to get everyone's spit on my fingers!

    grow: I agree! The coffee sleeve does make for nice siding, doesn't it?

    Pink Bayou: Like I said, UNSAFE. The werepanda merely sees it as a challenge and a chance to push my car over 90 MPH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome, not only the house, but the background you chose! Madnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still disagree with your time to get from RIC to PET. I think it was more like 25 minutes. What I won't do for you. ♥

    ReplyDelete